Monday, June 18, 2007

green thoughts

W
alking along the paved path in the Botanical Garden, I wondered about all that lay far behind and all that lay further ahead. The futileness of such thought generally attracts the staunchest critic yet there is always the positive word of understanding. There is mostly the fear of not knowing where we go that threatens to engulf our ability to see the beauty that surrounds us.
Just like the Racer in the animation flick CARS who discovered that speed is not the essence of life, it’s the nature that swept past him in his pursuit of the chequered flag that is what he had missed on.

Life when you are walking amongst friends, with whom you don’t really need to verbalize your every thought, seems a lot lighter. A strange choice of words, given that it ‘heavy’ when one ponders. But anyway, I felt lightened, no, I felt quite heavy, out of breath and all that but there was something or some part of my being that felt light, a little less bogged down by thoughts of what next and what now??

The greenery soothes the eye, and opens a more delightful sight in front of the mind’s eye, of a glade hidden behind Bamboo trees and other vegetation, making a safe haven which can hold two people.

Some where there is too much to talk, too much to do, there is that need to spend more and more and yet find less and less satisfaction in the time we spend.

Malls and Movie halls are all very well, but there isn’t anything that we do to relax our minds. At least I do not do much. There may be a truth in letting ourselves be drawn back into nature. May be not the botanical gardens, may the Victoria memorial.

Yes, that’s another place I visited and there the feeling was one of decaying splendor teamed with this grandiose view that kind of made you significant. Again a contradiction! Grandeur leaves us feeling less significant, but, sitting in front of the palace, on the green grass seeing people around you happy, delighted with something so small as a visit to this monument, kind of makes you see the worthiness of human life. Our ability to feel and make ourselves one with nature, and our surroundings gives us the ability to feel one with god, with the energy that flows though all things.

Resting our mind is something we need to do consciously.

I have been wondering whether out of the time that I spent being sad or melancholic, if I could spend some time just being in the midst of a lot of greenery, imagining thinking, unbinding the mind.

The desire to write was strong in my heart when I walked, and even more when I sat and rested, I felt I could spend the entire day just gazing across the span of things, which made this place a small replica of the Universe itself. No sad thoughts entered my mind. I don’t know may be, I was HAPPY!!

No comments: