Thursday, July 21, 2005


Abhishek, that's a really cute ass!
On Koffee with Karan March 11, 2005



Pick-up lines fly fast and thick as the sexy Abhishek Bachchan and the zesty Preity Zinta make conversation over java beans with the wickedly witty Karan Johar.The first time they were on the show, both lost out on the coveted coffee hamper.This time, they’ll do just about anything to take the hamper home.

Karan: Abhishek Bachchan, son of a living legend. He is probably the most eligible bachelor in the country today.Suddenly emerging as the sexiest thing on Indian celluloid, my first guest on this show is back on popular demand because the girls couldn’t get enough of baby Bachchan. He is ready to bed, wed and knock you dead. Let’s welcome Abhishek Bachchan again on this show.
Karan: How does it feel to come again on the show?
Abhishek: Not too happy.Karan: Why?
Abhishek: No… just…
Karan: I just said you were back by popular demand, we got e-mails and letters and all kinds of phone calls saying bring the junior B back but this time with a girl. Why do you think that happened?
Abhishek: Because they all empathised with the fact that I didn’t win the coffee hamper last time. So they wanted to give me an opportunity to win it again.
Karan: Don’t tell me you are still sulking?
Abhishek: I am still sulking.
Karan: We are not going to go there. We will be talking about your single status. What does it feel like? I mean you know I am quite shocked because I never ever thought you would be called sexy Abhishek in my wildest dreams. You were this brat who was part of my childhood. You are sexy. Do you believe it?
Abhishek: (nods).Karan: You are lying. You have women hitting on you all the time?
Abhishek: No.
Karan: Of course, you do. Your father is not here so come on talk to me.
Abhishek: No, I really don’t.
Karan: Of course, you do. You told me you do, so don’t lie. I have a lie-o-meter! (Holds the lie-o-meter ready) Women don’t hit on you?
Abhishek: No (smiles).
Karan: (Beeps the lie-o-meter) Contemporary heroines don’t hit on you?
Abhishek: They hit me, like I said last time.
Karan: They hit you? That’s all very well to get out of it. Talk to me Abhishek, the whole world wants to know you are eligible. They say you are sexy so admit to it or talk about it because that’s what the show is about and that’s why you’re back on the show.
Abhishek: It’s very embarrassing. To think people refer to me in such a way. To be a purist at heart I think every actor would rather be known as an actor.
Karan: You know who our next guest is don’t you?
Abhishek: Yes I do, and she has been whistling from behind. She’s had it when she comes out here.
Karan: I’m not going to introduce her I want you to introduce her.
Abhishek: Karan’s next guest tonight is somebody who I consider to be a very special, and good friend. She is Preity Zinta, a very talented actor and more importantly a wonderful human being. I would like to invite on stage Basanti.
Karan: How does it feel Preity not winning for Veer-Zaara? It was a major film this year.
Preity: Well, it’s ok, you know. I think what’s important is that the film did really well. I was appreciated and that was the people’s choice.
Abhishek: I will translate what she was saying: “I can’t believe I lost. Rani, she was nominated for best supporting actress, why could they not give her just that? I should have won best actress, just because I didn’t show up!
Preity: (Nods with a surprise)
Karan: Tell me your response for not winning the award for Veer-Zaara.
Preity: I won Jodi No1 (smiles)
Karan: With Shah Rukh, of course.
Karan: What happens when there is a certain amount of criticism that’s thrown your way?
Preity: I think, Karan, everyone is entitled to an opinion. And I don’t challenge that because when I see a film or when I see something I have my own opinion, I have no problem. I have a problem with journalists if their opinion is based on if I did a film for their friend or I didn’t attend their party or if I did not wish them, which I always do, because I think it’s good to be polite. But when it becomes malicious, that opinion I don’t agree with. You can tell me “Preity you were not that good in a movie.” I will work harder in my next movie.
Karan: Picture a scenario that you don’t know this boy. But he is Abhishek. He is seated in a single’s club. It’s a hypothetical situation. And now what would you do?
Preity: Oh, he basically wants to entertain the whole world with our imaginary conversation.
Karan: Yes, I want pick up lines.
Abhishek: I have seen somebody do this. (Enacts while he explains) A girl is having a drink while this person goes up to her and takes the ice, throws it down and crushes it and says, “Now that I have broken the ice what’s your name? (Preity laughs).
Preity: What would you like it to be? (Giving a sensuous look and fluttering her eye lids).
Abhishek: I have got the slimiest one. (Sits closer to Preity) Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again? (Everyone laughs).
Preity: Sorry honey, I am not wearing my lenses today!
Karan: So this is your pick up line Abhishek?
Abhishek: No, I don’t know any pick up lines Karan. I have never managed to ask a lady out on a date.
Preity: Achcha? What about you Karan?
Karan: Nobody has ever tried to pick me up!
Preity: But I believe, can I say this on TV? Somebody came to Karan, this big, well-built person, with his photos and everything and said, “I would like a role in your movie.” And Karan said, “Ok, leave your pictures here and meet my assistants and I will get back to you. So the guy jumps over the table and says, “I am ready to do anything!”
Karan: Thank you Preity for saying things that you are not meant to say and shocking poor Abhishek.
Karan: What is the sleaziest pick up line you have heard of?
Abhishek: One lady came up to me and said, “That’s a really cute ass.” I almost fainted. I thought she was not talking to me and I turned and looked around.
Karan: It’s not that terrible.
Preity: May be it would be terrible if she would grab it and say that! (Giggles) Sorry Abhishek.

No comments: